What is PET Film?
- Issue Time
PET film has excellent physical properties, heat resistance, and chemical resistance. It can be used in various products such as carpets, clothing, auto parts, building materials, and industrial binding.
PET film is polyethylene terephthalate. It has excellent physical properties, heat resistance, chemical resistance, and dimensional stability.
With the development of technology, PET film has also been widely used. Such as the glass steel industry, building materials industry, printing industry, medicine, health, etc. In our life, many food, medicine, and other packaging are made of PET film.
As a PET product, PET film can be recycled again and again. Recycled PET film can be used in food, beverage, and personal care product containers. It can also be used in various products such as carpets, clothing, auto parts, building materials, and industrial binding.
The Difference Between PET and PET Film
PET is polyester resin, which is a milky white or light yellow crystalline polymer. The full name of a pet is Polyethylene terephthalate, which is the most important variety of thermoplastic polyester.
PET has the advantages of a smooth surface, glossy, wear-resistant, stable size, small wear, high hardness, good electrical insulation, low-temperature resistance, non-toxic, low water absorption, weak acid resistance, and organic solvent resistance.
PET is mainly used for fibers, and a small amount is used for films and engineering plastics. Among them, PET fiber is mainly used in the textile industry, and PET film is mainly used in electrical insulation materials.
PET film is made of PTA.
PET Film Production Process
A typical PET film processing process is as follows:
1. Rough flakes, master flakes, and recycled materials are re-granulated and sent to each silo by the fan.
2. Then the material is automatically mixed according to the given ratio, and after mixing evenly, it enters the pre-crystallizer for pre-crystallization.
3. After the raw material is pre-crystallized, it enters the drying tower for drying.
4. The dried raw material enters the extruder. The raw material is heated and melted in the extruder, passes through the metering pump, filter, and adapter, and then reaches the die to form a thick sheet.
5. After the polyester melt flows out from the lip of the die head, it is pressed by the adsorption system on the quenching roller, so that the casting sheet is cooled rapidly.
6. After the thick film is stretched by the longitudinal stretching machine, it enters the transverse stretching system for transverse stretching, and finally winds up the large roll film through the traction system to the winding system.
7. Finally, cut, inspect, pack and store according to the customer's specifications.
PET Film Characteristics
1. It has good mechanical properties, the impact strength is 3 to 5 times that of other films, and it has good folding resistance.
2. Resistant to oil, grease, dilute acid, dilute alkali, and most solvents.
3. It has excellent high-temperature resistance and low-temperature resistance. PET film can be used in the temperature range of -70℃ to 150℃ with little effect on its mechanical properties.
4. It has excellent gas-blocking, waterproof, oil-proof, and deodorizing properties.
5. High transparency, can block ultraviolet rays, good gloss.
6. It is non-toxic, tasteless, hygienic, and safe, and can be directly used in food packaging.
PET Film Application
PET film was first discovered in the late 1950s. The researchers found a way to make PET film by stretching extruded PET film sheets. The earliest applications of PET film at that time were video, photography, and X-ray film, and packaging film.
PET is an inert material, non-toxic, odorless, and non-reactive with food. Therefore, PET film is also widely used in the packaging of food, beverage, and medicine. It has also been proven that PET film is very safe for use in food and beverages.
Of course, in addition to the above two applications, PET film is also widely used in the following fields:
High-end packaging materials such as textiles, precision instruments, and electrical components;
Substrates for audio tapes, videotapes, movie films, computer floppy disks, metal coatings, and photosensitive films;
Electronic and mechanical fields such as electrically insulating materials, capacitor films, flexible printed circuit boards and membrane switches.
PET film is available in hundreds of different thicknesses and coating combinations. The PET film has shown excellent performance in many fields. If you want to customize PET film, welcome to contact us.
PENGYUAN is a professional custom aluminum foil coating manufacturer, we have 3 vacuum coating machines, 8 PE extrusion coating production lines, guided by 6S management system. PENGYUAN supplies more than 360 million square meters (tons) to global customers every year. Through wider and deeper cooperation, PENGYUAN will continue to focus on the R&D and manufacturing of extrusion coating technology. Committed to becoming an advanced provider of energy-saving new materials and solutions.